Wednesday, December 9, 2015

How We Wore It - Holiday Plaid

It's the most wonderful time of the year! 
Which means its the most wonderful time of year for FASHION! 
This months How We Wore It inspiration comes from the darling Shanna.
Shanna narrates her adorable life and fashion pieces over at Because Shanna Said So and since this lady is a mama to two and rumor has it she's a "two Diet Dr. Pepper a day" kinda lady, I basically think we should be best friends! 
Shanna looks awesome in this look. 
I loved the bundled/layer look with the scarf and sweater! 
The red plaid scarf gives it the perfect holiday winter look and those booties are ON POINT.




Here's my take on it: 
I have a dozen scarves in my closet, including a plaid red one that would have been perfect for this post, however, i'll be honest, I am NOT A SCARF wearer. (As you could probably tell from my last HWWI post) 
I could never figure out how to style a scarf to look good and my neck always itches! 
So, this month I decided to be inspired by Shanna's scarf colors and style my own look. 
I knew I wanted to incorporate the plaid since it is one of my favorite looks for winter.
I chose to layer a red plaid shirt over a simple casual dress and the look turned out awesome.
It's definitely a more casual style than Shanna's and I kinda of loved how it looked a little punk rock, which is totally not me! 
I thought this beautiful necklace added to the layered theme and I kept the casual feel with a pair of black slip ons.





What do you think of this months look?
Be sure to check out some of my favorite ladies for their take on this look also. 

Brooke at Silver Lining
Robin at Penn & Quill
Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba
Maren at Maren and Co
Brielle at Breezy and Co
Tayler at The Morrell Tale
Sharlee at My New Lines
Berkley at Berkley Anne
Jennifer at The Pepper Express
Alexa at He and I
Hannah at Hannah Rae
Rachel at Rachel Sayumi
Amy at Harris Inc.
Brooklyn at Brooklyn Jolley
Jennifer at Jennifer Sikora
Bonnie at The Life of Bon
Sarah at My For Real Life
Riley at Riley Jo Blog
Shelbie at R+S Brereton
Sierra at Sierra's View
Emma at Ever Emma
Danica at Danikan Skywalker
Deidre at Deidre Emme


Also. Another shoutout to the worlds BEST photographer. 
He said I could pay him in sugar cookies and extra sprinkles! 
Lucky me.






Outfit Details:
Red Plaid Top - Old Navy.
Grey Maxi Dress - H&M
Black Slip On - Madden Girl
Necklace (The Mainstream) - Premier Design
 photo kylasig_zps213e7fcb.jpg

11 comments:

  1. This is one of the most creative looks I've seen. I love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most creative looks I've seen. I love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I say this every time, but your hair game is on point. I love it. And I have a feeling I'd live in that dress. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love your take on it! Those black slips-ons look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress on you! And your photographer is super cute too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can i hire your photographer?! haha what a cutie. i love this outfit you put together. so comfy and casual and something i would wear on the daily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally had a shirt like that once and gave it away. Ugh! So dumb of me! I like that all of the pieces of your ensemble could be dressed up or down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are always sooooooo cute. Love your dress and shirt. This outfit looks so comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUUUTE! This outfit is like if class met comfort and had a baby. It's awesome! And those kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love what you did with this look. i love a good comfy yet polished look. i like scarves, but i can't have them tight at all or they choke me. i have sooooo many and always think i neeeeed more.

    ReplyDelete